The cemetery was established in 1904, although the first marked
grave is 1899. On May 23,1918, E.B. Reeves, the first Sheriff of
Alanreed, deeded the property for the cemetery. The town of
Alanreed kept the interment records until the Alanreed Cemetery
Association was organized on May 20, 1964. By-laws were
drawn up and signed by the first elected officers: Mr. Ollie
Hommel, President; Mr. S. T. Greenwood, Vice President; Mrs.
Anita Palmer McKee, Secretary; and Mrs. Mabel Crisp
Worsham, Treasurer. Trustees were also elected at this time:
Mr. Marvin Hall, Mrs. May Moreman, and Mrs. Gladys Hill.
Attorney Clyde Slavin of Clarendon donated his services as
attorney for the Cemetery Association. A donation of $5,000 was
given to improve the cemetery and complete a survey. The
survey, a book of interred and future interred in the Alanreed
Cemetery, and a map of all blocks, dimensions, and block
numbers were prepared February 1966 by Merrimans Barber of
Pampa. Upkeep of the cemetery is accomplished through
donations and voluntary service of individuals and Association
Did you know!